25 November 2007

Clearing My Clutter 3


Like 'Raiders of the Lost Arc', I ventured into the dark crevices, commonly known as my garage. Or should that be our garage? Well I think I will stick with my garage, seeing how it's mainly my clutter within! I was rooting around for my 'InnerTalk' Cd's as mentioned earlier. So I did some clutter clearing at the same time. Ever noticed, how when you can't find something you do some tidying up? I was up on a stack of garden chairs, you know, those cheapy white plastic one's. Excellent value for money, (I'm all for that). It's always embarrassing when your neighbours see inside your garage and it's full of junk! Well one of mine was passing with their Spaniel. The little darling darted straight inside; my neighbour protesting and apologising. I just shouted, "don't come in her, you might never get out". What else was I to say? Of course being up high and the garage door being only half open, (so's nobody could see inside!), my neighbour was forced to bob down, which lead to them seeing even more of my rubbish! I climbed down and came out into the dull sunless day. Explaining how I had read 'Clear Your Clutter'. (You'll be thinking I have shares in this book by the way I keep mentioning it, but it's just that good). Explanations over and my neighbour going on their way I got stuck back into my quest.

Yes I did find my InnerTalk CD's and yes they are now on Amazon if you're interested. I also found two mirrors, which Karen mentions in her book 'Clear Your Clutter'. So they had to go straight away. One was destined for the bin, because it was scratched and bitty, so would give off very bad energy even if used somewhere. The other is going to 'The Bridgend Centre'. I recovered a few other items, which are now destined for their appropriate places and I feel really good about it.

Blogging has taken up quite a bit of my time today, but I've still managed to get through quite a few things; even going out for lunch with him indoors, which was very enjoyable. My problem now is stopping myself long enough to have a good nights sleep.

The Christmas stuff came down from the loft today, and I tell you, it's not all going back up at the end of the season! We've got enough cards to open our own shop. Mind you, we will be sending over 100 to friends and family. That's why I don't do cards for neighbours or work colleagues; I can wish them a Happy Christmas in person.

My next challenge is to complete updating my address book and printing off my Christmas card labels in time for posting on 1st Dec, (only 6 days away!). The plan for next week-end is to take stuff to my brother's and on Sunday to put up our Christmas decorations and take the surplus to 'The Bridgend Centre'. Hey it is fun getting rid of clutter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the invitation to read your blog.

As you say, it's fun getting rid of clutter. Here's an insight I can offer you about it...

When you first start clutter clearing it feels like a chore, but the more of it you do, the more you experience what I call the E-Factor. ‘E’ in this case stands for Exhilaration – the joyful feeling of accomplishment when you complete something you’ve decided to so.

Actually you can experience the E-factor any time you decide to do something and do it. This morning, as an example, I set myself the goal of taking an early morning walk to a certain place, further than I usually go. I got tired before I got there, took a rest, and nearly convinced myself to leave it at that and go home. But instead I ignored the dialogue in my head, got up and just kept walking until I got there. A small goal, you may say, and seemingly unimportant, but the level of exhilaration in my body as I walked home was completely out of proportion to the achievement. I felt fantastic, and the feeling has lasted throughout the day.

It’s exactly the same with clutter clearing. You decide to clear a small drawer, do it, and the feeling of exhilaration that follows is almost heady. All kinds of energy blockages are released in your body, all the failures of previous attempts at clutter clearing are overwritten, and you feel unstoppable. Enjoy!