07 April 2010

The house seems empty somehow?

Dexter has gone back home after 2 weeks of staying with us.  At first I did not really want him around.  Then I found him boring.  Next it was a bother to clean out his cage, feed and water him.  I got used to the regular playtimes.  Getting him out and holding him.  Letting him loose in the empty bath for a run around.  Playing on the settee, while I watched over him.  He is so cute and came out when he heard food!  His beedy little eyes watching through the bars. 

Now the space on the landing where his cage was placed is clear.  I have hoovered up the debrae for the last time.  Quietness and emptiness abound.  How sad.  I now miss that cumbersome little bundle.  No fear though.  I shan't be getting one of my own.  Maybe we will foster Dexter again, next holidays.

No comments: