13 August 2009

Aqua Afghan


This is a continuous granny square. I used arran wool, which is a bit corse, but looks nice and will keep someone's knees warm. Just the right size for wheelchair travel, or as a lap blanket. This method of crochet of continously crochetting around the square if not as effective as my usual little squares stitched together. It is quicker to produce, but does not lay flat unless on the carpet, like in the above photo. It is my first one in this style and I am thinking about trying it again and aiming to reduce the rippled effect. It looks quite good here though and will be great as a warmer. It is awaiting a buyer in our Art & Craft department. Sorry if anyone reading this is interested as up to now we do not have online selling. If however, you are interested, you could leave me a comment.

No comments: