10 May 2008

Ancestoral Home

Here we have my Ancestoral Home in Sussex. The current occupiers were most kind in allowing my family and I to visit last October (2007). This is where my Mother's Father (1895) and his Father (1853) were born.



My Great Great Grandfather lived next door.

GG Grandfather and G Grandfather were Underbailey and Bailey for the local Estate and these properties would have been tied accomodation attached to their jobs.

GG Grandfather spent his last working years catching rats and other odd jobs suitable for a man in his 70's with failing health. When he retired he remained in his house until he died.

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

Hi, Rosie! Thanks for visiting my blogs and leaving comments. This is wonderful that you were able to find and visit your ancestral homes. One family reunion that I organized included a driving tour of locations of historical interest to our family. Our line of vehicles would pull off the side of the road and the "tour guide" would tell use about the point of interest which usually included... "used to be here". We looked at lots of open fields and empty lots that often had a picture or drawing of what once occupied the space. It was a lot of fun though. : )